After a hugely successful beer festival in September 2015, which raised over £7,000 for four different charities, Hall & Woodhouse have announced they will be hosting the fourth beer festival at their brand new brewery in Blandford St. Mary on 18th June.
After record-breaking ticket sales, the 2015 Hall & Woodhouse Dorset Beer Festival celebrated the best of the county, with music, family games and a showcase of their locally brewed beer.
The beer festival offers visitors the rare opportunity to sample all the Badger bottle favourites on cask, as well as special edition brews from the pilot brewery.
From proceeds taken at the festival in 2015, the organising committee were able to present cheques of £1,843 to each of their four chosen charities, which included the following:
- Teddy20 – Based in Blandford, Teddy20 supports children with cancer and hosts a range of events and sponsored challenges to raise money in memory of Ted Newton.
- Blandford Opportunity Group – Helping children from Blandford and the surrounding areas, the Blandford Opportunity Group is a pre-school for children with special needs which opened in 1992 after a request from the Dorset Community NHS Trust staff.
- Dorset and Somerset Air Ambulance – Dorset and Somerset Air Ambulance rely on the generosity of the public to fund their air ambulances, which provide relief from sickness and injury for the people of Dorset and Somerset.
- The Alzheimer’s Society – The Alzheimer’s Society works tirelessly to ensure that dementia patients’ lives don’t end when dementia begins. They do everything they can to keep people with dementia connected to their lives and the people who matter most in it.
The beer line-up includes Badger favourites such as Badger Fursty Ferret and Badger Tanglefoot, as well as brews from fellow local brewers like Piddle, Palmers, Sixpenny Handley, Otter Brewery, Dorset Brewing Co and Hop Back Brewery. There is something for every beer lover’s palate.
This year’s beer festival on 18th June will be hosted at the brewery in Blandford St. Mary, Dorset, where visitors can expect a delightful day of beers, foodie treats and family fun – and hopefully some lovely Dorset sunshine too! All proceeds raised from this year’s beer festival will be donated to Together for Short Lives.
- The Hall & Woodhouse beer festival returns to Blandford on Saturday 18th June 2016.
- Tickets can be purchased here: http://hallwoodhousebeerfest.
- Badger Ales have been brewed in the heart of the Dorset countryside since 1777 by independent brewers Hall & Woodhouse. As one of the leading independent brewers in the UK, Hall & Woodhouse is well known for its range of award-winning ales brewed under the Badger brand and its network of public houses throughout the South of England. The brewery is now managed by the seventh generation of the Woodhouse family.
- For more information about Badger, please visit www.badgerales.com